CASE Study #154

We are back at CASE Study today for another week with our fabulous August muse
 Jennifer McGuire!

And my card...


I was really taken with the stamping over the different strips of color on Jennifer's card, so I tried to portray that feeling on my card.  I colored with Distress Markers on watercolor paper, then brushed water over it with an aquapainter.  I went back over it quite a few times with water as I was going for a muted look.  Once the paper dried I flicked water over it again to give it a splotchy look.  Finally I added my stamped images and sentiment.

Head on over to CASE Study to see how the rest of the design team was inspired. 

Stamps:  Peaceful Wildflowers (MFT)
Ink:  Distress Markers (Tim Holtz), True Black (PTI)
Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black (SU!) Watercolor Paper
Accessories:  Wildflowers & Blueprints 1 Die (MFT), Bakers Twine

7 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love your splotchy watercolor effect! So soft and comforting.

Lynn said...

Thanks so much for explaining how you created the effect on the water color paper. So soft and serene.

Brandi said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!

Kristie Goulet said...

So beautiful and perfect! I love that sentiment!

Jill Norwood said...

I love the beautiful card! Gorgeous background and flowers!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a gorgeous card, Maureen! I love the ombre' effect you created for your background, and your wildflowers are stunning!

Kim S said...

I keep talking myself out of this set - but now you've put it back on my wishlist!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS