Masculine cards and one layer cards (OLC) seem to be what you all want to see. Both are a struggle for a lot of stampers, so I hope you like what I've made for you today. A OLC can be completely flat or it can have some added die cuts, like I've done above, it just can not have any other panels.
Tips for creating a OLC:
- Stenciling is a great way to add texture and interest to the base of a OLC, as well as a way to ground your images.
- Rather than adding strips of patterned paper or cardstock to your card, use border stamps.
Tips for creating masculine cards:
- Graphic patterns are always a hit with the gents.
- Use various shades of the same color.
- A little glitter is OK! We love glitter and want to use it on masculine cards and we should! Shimmer card stock for stars is perfectly acceptable on masculine cards.
I used this week's CAS(E) this Sketch challenge to jump start my design.
If there is anything you ever want to see on my blog, just leave me a comment below.
**All supplies are from the Stamp of Approval Young at Heart Collection. Get on the wait list so you will be notified when the next collection becomes available.